Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Who wants to feel good?

If anyone out there wants to feel good about their current car situation keep on reading.... Right after Christmas Blake went to get our awesome Grand Prix registered, but the weird thing is- you can't register a car if it won't pass safety and emissions. Apparently there was something wrong with the emissions part of the car- some jibber-jabber about the fuel injectors or some such nonsense. So, we took the car to the garage (ps, the head gasket blew on that particular car this summer- sucking up our Michigan fund) and before we got it back this happened....
Last Monday sweet, sweet Blake was driving home from work on 1-15 and BAM!!! the windshield exploded on our Honda Accord. An ice block, presumably from a semi, decimated the windshield and bounced along the top of the car. Blake survived with only superficial cuts to his hands, face, and legs. Oh did I mention that Blake's ankle is still infected (he's on another round of antibiotics) and they have suggested doing another less invasive surgery on it...awesome.... So the Honda was towed to a shop down in the SLC area- where it remains at this time.
So after a few weeks and a few hundred dollars the Grand Prix passed emissions- only a few days overlapped with both cars out of commission.
Fast Forward....
This weekend one of Blake's best friend's father passed away and on Tuesday Blake drove (the Grand Piece of crap) up to Star Valley for the services. Guess what happened? Besides Blake forgetting his wallet and medication? The radiator blew on the Grand Prix. It just gets better and better... So that is where we are at currently.
It actually is pretty funny. What are you going to do?
Now some pictures of the Boy.... these also are pretty funny. We were trying to practice our 'emotion faces'











12 comments:

Carlee Hoopes said...

Sarah,
That is terrible about your cars! If you need a ride anywhere, let me know, okay? I will have a rental car this coming week because my car will be getting repaired from the two times it was crashed into. Since it's a rental, maybe we can go to the church parking lot and spin some donuts or something. We'll take Cami with us and maybe it will help her go into labor. :)

It seems that when one thing goes wrong with cars, everything starts going wrong. Kory had a Pontiac Grand AM (PIECE OF CRAP) before he got his Mazda. He had to stop on the freeway to fill the car up with coolant whenever he went anywhere because it would overheat. He seriously couldn't go anywhere more than 15 minutes away without having to pull over and fill it up. He cringes and has bad thoughts when you mention the word Pontiac to him to this day.

Those pics of Owen are awesome. He's so funny!

Nathan said...

Sarah, you have what is often referred to as a positive attitude. I admire that...what is up with all this misfortune?

PS when you write--I totally hear you saying it. It makes me happy and it makes me miss you.

Shayleen Lunt said...

Oh my word! Maybe it's time you get a minivan ;) hehe
Yea, I guess I do feel pretty good (even though our three vehicles all have over 100K on them)!
Love ya!

Fordney said...

Shayleen- I don't even want to think about getting a new car- although that is what is on the horizon for us. Blake and I don't agree on vehicles...I must prepare myself for the battle. Maybe I can use my hard, long pregnancy to my advantage! :)

Cami said...

MAN! I'm sorry you guys have had it so rough! I'm also home ALL day, so give me a call too if you need a ride anywhere.

Carlee, I'm all for the donuts in the parking lot. I'll do ANYTHING at this point! :)

martha corinna said...

Bummer. At least you have an awesome sister who is very, very sympathetic.

sarahlouise said...

You guys have the luck! I'm so sorry! Man... when it rains it pours. Well let us know if we can do anything. You can always borrow our dog-mobile :)

cathy said...

When you say "the boy" are you referring to Blake or Owen? I seriously can't tell-He looks exactly like his dad!! Where are those dominant Wright genes?

Jennie Freakin' Wilder said...

Hey Fordney, I love the pictures, i think that is where the dominant wright features went. Owen definately can manipulate his face into different emotions just like you and your family (especially your dad, he could always scare me a little). Owen is so stinking cute too. He definately gets that from his mom rather than his dad. Need car help, I can help, my boyfriend chuck works down at the local mechanic shop. Good old chuck.

Meadows Family said...

Hey Sarah, it's Katie! Just ran across your blog through Shayleen's. Congrats on the pregnancy! How exciting... Owen is a cutie, looks like he has lots of fun, just like him Mommy!

Fordney said...

Katie!!! You need to give me an invite so I can see what is up in your world...

cathy said...

Sarah, I tagged you-go to my blog to get the instructions